Monday, March 27, 2006

Emergency in Project-Land!

I just got off the phone with my daughter. Her son had a last-minute crisis with a project due - you could see this coming - tomorrow!

Fortunately, it was a science research project, and I was able to clarify the terms that were causing confusion - habitat, community, niche, and population.

That's why I seldom assign projects. It seems to cause more work for the parents than for the kids. When I do hand out projects, I try to assign them so there are points where I check the progress, and can assist in re-directing effort in more productive channels. One of the few I think worthy are science fair projects. But, only if I have the kids bring in their work-in-progress to make sure they stay on task.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think children shoudlnt where uniforms becuz they didnt make children clothes for no reason and uniforms are discusting and it doesnt make you look smarter clothes dont make you look smarter