Monday, May 22, 2006

Hooray for technology!

I had a relatively pleasant time getting my final grades in today. It was simple to add in the score for the Finals - I did the test in Quizdom, and didn't have to manually score anything. I plan to use United Streaming quizzes next year, as well. I understand they can be done online.

Next year's Physical Science students are already excited about taking the class. They kept on seeing the neat equipment I had set up for the other classes (they were in Applied Biology this year), and wanted to know how to use it. They were particularly interested in the PASCO motion detectors.

Today, I went to a training session on United Streaming. I already used it, so wasn't sure I would benefit. It was worth the time I took, as I learned about new features, and features I wasn't currently using. I also found out about the Discovery Educators Network, which I plan to join. It seems worth the time.

No comments: